Motorsport Manager Balance Mod v1.31d Out Now
This version has some bug fixes over the previous versions, mostly interview questions which would trigger a crash if the player got a 1-2 in the race.
New Experimental Features:
Part 3 now contains an experimental DLL with the following features.
Driver Stats Means More:
- Reduced the ‘points towards lockups/Spins/Crash’ when attacking / defending (which massively increases the chances of a lockup by default).
- Decreased tyre lock up wear is lock ups occur. (Boosted original value up).
- Needs testing
- This is now a defending stat. I’ll try to remember to change the Frontend Entry to say as much.
- Added an additional tyre wear pernalty/perk for smoothness.
- Am considering reversing this for “component condition loss rate” (have now added this is…. considering removing the tyre wear thing). I feel smoothness is now overkill.
- Increased the Potency of both the overtake and defending stats so theyre really damned important.
- Added a random elemente to laptime, and is removed per point of consistancy.
- Is now faster the more rain is on track
- Effects the lock up chances during the final 30% of the races.
- Already increased in current version. increased its effect.
- Added effect that dirvers with bad fitness are also slower during the final 30% of the race.
- Used to increase knowledge quicker.
- Effects the lock up chances during the entire races.
- Increased already in the mod, unchanged
More Important Mechanic Stats
- Already the stat people look at most along with reliability
- Already the stat people look at the most along with performance.
Pitstop (speed of it)
- In vanilla, this goes between 0 and 2s. (with a plus 0-4 based on pit strategy)
- This has been increased to 0-3! This is also multiplied up when choosing Balanced or safe strategy so worse case scenario is (Safe = 11s, Balanced = 7s, Fast = 3s) while the best is (2s,1s,0s)… So this stat now really matters! (subject to balancing).
Concentration (risk %)
- In vanilla, the pit stop strategy has a base (safe 0%, Balanced 10%, Fast 25%) + the mechanics stat here (10-0%)
- This has been doubled to 20%-0% for safe, 40-0 for balanced, and 60-0 for fast (and the base % lowered to 0, 5, 10% respectively)
Speed (actually Chemistry) (driver relationship modifier)… You can tell these stats had other purposes.
- Set this so that the maximum gain each race now falls between 0% and 5% based off of this stat (and race performance).
- This is still under powered but there’s a future feature I want to reserve this for!
Leadership (actually Part Repair)
- In vanilla this…. I don’t really know what this did…. Check your repair times with a 1 vs 10 mechanic and I don’t know if you’ll see any difference. The dll talks about a 5%-10% something…. but I really don’t see what its referring to at all. It certainly isn’t time (is it amount of repair? do they not get put to max?)
- For the time being then. I’ve just added an extra 0-10s part repair based on the stat (I’ll balance it later unless I can work out what on earth it was doing originally)
Variable Collision Outcomes
Instead of a set part always being reduced to 0% Reliability, the number of possible outcomes has been increased and randomised.
- Damage can now happen to the
- Front Wing
- Rear Wing
- Tyres can be punctured.
- Collision has no impact to one or both cars (but penalties may still be given).
Give it a test, and let me know how the new features play out for you!
Current Project: Motorsport Manager Balance Mod. A mod dedicated to expanding existing game play elements and increasing both the difficulty and impact of choices.